Joomla Facebook Wall Feed
Joomla Facebook Wall Feed allows the user to display their feeds or posts from Facebook pages. With the help of this module, a user can fetch the Facebook Page/Account feeds in their Joomla site. It will grab Facebook wall posts, photos, and videos automatically and display feeds of the user’s Facebook page or an account on the website. By using this module, you can display the Facebook feed by simply connecting to your Facebook account.
Note: There is no need to create a developer account and submit a Facebook app for review. Here Simply connect your Facebook account and display Facebook feed to your website.
Latest Features – Version 9.0
- Display Facebook posts, photos, and videos simply by connecting your Facebook account.
- Facebook Wall Feed works with your Facebook pages and also with your Facebook account.
- Display separate tabs at the front end to show posts, photos, and videos of your selected Facebook page/Account.
- Display Customized page plugin for the selected Facebook page Id to Joomla site.
- Display “Share” and “Message” buttons of the Facebook page set in custom page plugin.
- Message option is provided so that site visitors can directly message to the inbox of the Facebook page set in custom page plugin.
- The share option is provided so that site visitors can directly share the Facebook page set in custom page plugin.
- Display logo and name of the Facebook page set in custom page plugin.
- Functionality to display Upper Header to show the title of the module.
- Show the count of Like, Comment and Share of selected Facebook page/Account posts.
- Share button on posts and videos to share the selected Facebook page posts and videos right from your website.
- Admin can set the number of comments to be displayed on each post.
- Display the date and time of the Facebook post.
- Display the list of Facebook user’s account photo albums.
- The Facebook icon displayed on post to go directly to the respective post on Facebook.
- Option to limit post text is provided through show more or show less wall text options.
- Easy navigation between posts through popup view.
- Functionality to set the Facebook story color.
- Customizable options are provided for almost every aspect of the extension.
- Uses Joomla Cache for fast loading of content.
- Responsive Layout – Works on all the devices.
Latest Features-Version- 8.4
- Option for Header Background color
- Option for Header Text color
- Option for showing Multiple images in post
- Option to set a limit for a number of images in a post
- All browser compatible(IE7+,FF,Chrome and Safari)
- Graph API usage
- Fast and smooth Loading
- Manage height and width of module
- Manage Number and length of posts in module.
- Show/Hide and sort comments in ascending or descending order with respect to time.
- Show/hide and set size of images in the post
- Show/hide Images in high definition
- Grab the feeds of your groups and pages too
- Grab the feeds of one customized page(that you do not follow)
- Show/hide Facebook Page Plug-in with different options
- Show/hide Facebook like button.
- Show/hide avatar(display picture) image.
- Different color options available for background, post text and comment text.
Flow Of Installation And Configuration
Step1: When you’ll download the “Joomla Facebook Wall Feed”, you’ll get one zip file. Unzip and install the zip file inside it.
After installation of “Joomla Facebook Wall Feed”. Go to “Extensions” and click “Modules” and find “Facebook Wall Feed”. Check the module to enable it.
Step2: Click on “Facebook Wall Feed” to configure the settings of the module as given in screenshot. This is the default settings of Joomla you can manage it as per your requirement.
Step3: Click on Menu Assignment to set the module on selected pages.
Step4: In this step, the admin needs to simply connect his Facebook account to display the feed of the selected Facebook page/Account to Joomla site. Go to “Facebook Connection” tab and click on “Continue with Facebook” and follow the below steps to connect the module with Facebook.
i) Click on “Continue with Facebook”.
ii) Next, the admin needs to login to his Facebook account. This is a part of the Facebook user authentication process flow.
iii) After login to your Facebook account. Click on the continue button. This is a confirmation page asking a user to provide access to Facebook data on behalf of the application.
iv) Select those pages from the list which you want to give access to the module settings and click “Next”. The pages shown on this popup are the pages which are associated with the logged in user’s account. Selected pages will be displayed in our module until the user’s account remains connected. Admin can always select/deselect pages from the list on our module to specify from where the Facebook data is fetched.
v) Here, you need to allow permission to access your Facebook posts, photos, videos, and pages of your Facebook account. Set permission to “Yes” and then click on “Done”. Setting the permission to “Yes”, it will allow the module to display the Facebook feed on your site.
vi) Admin will be displayed Facebook posts, photos, and videos, after allowing and finalizing various permission to the Facebook app as explained in the previous two steps.
After connecting with Facebook, configure the settings of the module as given in below screenshot and click on “Save” button.
1. Don’t forget to click on save button first to fetch the list of Facebook pages(which you have given access to the module earlier). After clicking on save, then only you will find the “Fetch pages” button.
2. This module provides the functionality to fetch the posts, photos, and videos of selected Facebook page/Account. It doesn’t fetch the posts, photos, and videos of the Facebook group now, we will cover this feature in the upcoming versions.
After clicking “Fetch pages” you will get the list of those Facebook pages for which you have got access permission while connecting to Facebook. From here choose the page to display its content on your site.
Step5: To display the custom page plugin to your site, configure the “Social plugins settings”. Here enter the “Page Id” of your Facebook page from which you want to show the content of the page. Enable the page plugin to display at your site and set the status of various fields which you want to show to your site.
Step6: Now configure the “Display Settings” of this module as given in below screenshot.
Step7: Configure the “Design Settings” of the module as per given screenshot.
Step8: Configure the “Additional Settings” of the module.
Step9: Configure the “Advanced settings” of the module.
Note: By default, Joomla cache is used to reduce Facebook application throttling limit. To keep Facebook Application healthy minimum limit considered is 15 min (900 sec). Request limit on Facebook is refreshed every 2 hours so default cache time is set to 7200 sec.
Front End View
View of Facebook Wall Feed at different positions on the Joomla site:
Let us now walk through the front end view in brief:
- This module displays the photos, posts, and videos to your Joomla site.
- A user can view the “Upper Header” text and use the link which is set over the Header text.
- By clicking on the custom page plugin, a user will be redirected to the selected Facebook page.
- Counts of “Like”, “Comments” and “Share” on a Facebook post are displayed on custom page plugin.
- A user can also like the Facebook page set on custom page plugin directly from the site.
View of Facebook Posts on Joomla site:
Message to Facebook page inbox: Option to directly message to the inbox of the Facebook page which is selected in module settings. After clicking on the “Message” button, a new popup will get opened. Here user can write any message and send it to the inbox of the Facebook page set in custom page plugin.
Share from the website: User can directly share displayed Facebook page from the website. Hereafter clicking on “Share” button, a new popup will get opened, a user can directly share Facebook page set in custom page plugin from here.
View of Selected Facebook Pages/Account Photos and Album:
A user can also view the photos and album of the selected Facebook page/Account as per the settings are done by admin at the backend.
View of Selected Facebook Pages/Account Videos:
Also, a user can view the videos of the selected Facebook page/Account as per the settings are done by admin at the backend.
Navigation Of Feeds: Option to navigate the feeds as previous or next through arrow keys on a popup. Once a user clicks on any Facebook feed, he can navigate to next or previous feed through the “Arrow key” at the popup.
View of comments on the Facebook post: User can view the comments of the Facebook post on the Joomla site.
That’s all for Joomla Facebook wall feed, still, have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better http://webkul.uvdesk.com
Current Product Version - 9.0
Supported Framework Version - Joomla 3.x