How to install Magento paid extension via composer – If you have purchased Magento extension from Magento store https://marketplace.magento.com/ and having the issue with installation process via composer, then no need to worry about this, the solution is here.
You just need to follow few steps and your extension will be installed via composer please check following steps to install Magento purchased extension from https://marketplace.magento.com/ –
Step 1 – You haven’t installed your Magento then you can install Magento using CLI as mentioned in http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/install-gde/install/cli/install-cli.html or you can install Magento as mentioned in the giving below steps-
- Open command line prompt, open terminal in case of Ubuntu and login to your server.
composer create-project --repository-url=https://repo.magento.com/ magento/project-community-edition:2.2.0 magento2/ Authentication required (repo.magento.com): Username: magento_public_key Password: magento_private_key
You will get magento_public_key and magento_private_key from your https://marketplace.magento.com account after login. (In the above step you can change Magento version which you want, here I have downloaded 2.2.0 version of Magento)
- Now go to magento 2 directory
- Now setup Magento installation using CLI
php bin/magento setup:install --base-url=http://example.com/magento2/ --db-host=localhost --db-name=magento2 --db-user=username --db-password=userpassword --admin-firstname=userfirstname --admin-lastname=userlastname [email protected] --admin-user=admin --admin-password=adminpassword --language=en_US --currency=USD --timezone=America/Chicago --use-rewrites=1
Now your Magento is properly installed now you can install Magento extensions using composer.Searching for an experienced
Magento 2 Company ? Read More
Step 2 – After installing Magento you can install the Magento extension purchased from https://marketplace.magento.com via composer as given below-
composer require vendor/extension_name
Step 3 – But if you already installed your Magento and need to install Magento paid extensions then just need to follow given steps-
- Login to your Magento server and execute following commands.
- $ composer require vendor/extension_name
- Then it will ask you to enter authentication credentials (keys username and password as shown in the screenshot)You will get the username(public key) and password(private key) from your Magento account (https://marketplace.magento.com) using which you have purchased the module (as shown in the screenshot). You can check the user guide http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/install-gde/prereq/connect-auth.html for getting authentication keys.
- After entering the username(public key) and password(private key), the module will be download then you can install the module using Magento standard process.
So in this way you can install any of the Magento extension purchased from Magento store https://marketplace.magento.com, but whenever you are installing Magento extensions via composer make sure you have set same Magento account credentials for “Authentication required (repo.magento.com): “.