This module will allow the customer to select the FedEx shipping method at the time of Checkout. Thus, allow the store owner to deliver the orders in the best way.
The order shipment now is no more an issue as it is done by FedEx. Thus, allowing the store owner to increase conversion rates.
- Admin can easily Enable or Disable the module as per requirement.
- Auto rates are updated as per the selected shipping type via FedEx API.
- The admin can even define the shipping services.
- The weight unit, Packing type, and Rate type is defined by admin.
- The admin can select to display or hide the delivery date and weight. This will ensure perfect delivery monitoring.
- The admin can restrict people from a few countries to take advantage of the shipping method.
- Dynamic Freight charges calculation as per service.
- For now, the shipping method will work only in the case of the USD currency type.
- The store owner must have a US address type for the customer to take advantage of the shipping method. However, the customer can have any address.
- The shipping method will work for only LBS and Kilogram.
The user will get a zip file that needs to be uploaded in the “Add New” menu option in the WordPress admin panel.
So, for this login to WordPress Admin Panel and in the Dashboard hover your mouse over the “Plugins” menu option select the “Add New” option.
After this, the user will see an option on the top of the page that is “Upload Plugin”, click the option to upload the zip file.
On clicking the “Upload Plugin” option, the user will see a “Choose File” button. Click on the button to browse for the zip file as per the image below.
After browsing the file, click on the “Install Now” button so as to install the plugin as per the snapshot.
Now when the plugin is installed correctly, you will see the success message and an option to activate the plugin. Click on “Activate Plugin” to activate the installed plugin.
Configuration of FedEx Shipping Method
Post successful installation the store owner can navigate through-WooCommerce>Settings>Shipping.
In which the admin needs to select the FedEx shipping method.
Here the admin will enter-
- Enable/Disable- This will allow the store owner to manage the shipping method’s visibility.
- Key- The admin will secret the key for connecting the FedEx account with the website.
- Password-This password is the one with which the store owner operates sign-in of the FedEx account.
- Account Number- Henceforth, the admin enters the identification of the account by entering this.
- Meter Number- However, the FedEx account has an additional identification number for special shipping rates. These numbers are specially customized for a particular store owner.
- Test Mode- The store owner will select here if the module is a test or live mode by enabling or disabling this field.
- Services– The services here will auto reflects as per the admin location. Additionally, the store owner can selectively disable the services as per requirement.
- The admin can mention the Weight Unit of the product.
- Drop Off Type– Selection of this field will allow the admin to manage the dropping of the shipment to customers.
- Packing Type- The admin can select the package type among different FedEx packing or the store owner’s packaging.
- Rate Type- Here, the store owner specifies the rate as List and Round Rate.
- Display Delivery Time and Weight– By Enabling this the admin will allow the display the time and weight at which the product will deliver.
- Method Available to -In this section, the admin will select the countries for which the shipping method is available.
How to Get FedEx Credentials?
1st Step: Go to this link and login to your account. However, if you do not have an account, please create one.
2nd Step: After logging to your account, go to FedEx Web Services link and then, navigate to Develop and Test>Get your test key.
3rd Step: Then, you need to fill the form and provide the information.
4th Step: Read and then accept the FedEx test system license authorization and agreement. You will find your AuthenticationKey with Meter Number.
Also, you need to check the registered email, where you will find your remaining credentials – Password and AccountNumber.
5th Step: Once you have tested the application with the development keys. You need to go to FedEx Web Services Page and click Move to Production> Get Production key.
Complete the forms, then accept the agreement to continue. You will receive the production keys in your registered email.
The admin must remember that in the default settings of the product must have the same weight unit as in the module settings.
Henceforth, the admin here needs to navigate through- WooCommerce>Settings>Products.
However, the FedEx shipping Method is visible at the time of Checkout only when- the weight of the product is present.
That is, the admin needs to edit the product and in the Shipping section, they will mention the weight of the product.
Henceforth, the customer can view the method at the time of checkout. Wherein, the customer can select among various services that FedEx provides.
Now, the customer can even view the shipping method in the order detail section.
So, that is all for the WooCommerce FedEx Shipping, still, have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better at webkul.uvdesk.com
Current Product Version - 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version - Wordpress Version:-5.3.X WooCommerce version:-3.9.x