Configurable Product is a group of simple products with different attribute options. When any customer purchases products online then they get the notice that the same product is available in various sizes, colors, materials and price points. These purchasing options are the variant product.
How to Create Family Variant.
Before creating any family you need to create attributes and attribute groups in Akeneo. So to create attribute you have to first click on Setting>>Attributes>>Create Attribute.
First, you have to select the attribute type there are 14 types of attributes.
After selecting the attribute type to fill the details like code, attribute group, label translation and enable value per channel and value per locale.
After filling the details click to save button.
After creating the attribute now we need to create attribute groups in which attributes are assigned.
To create an attribute group click to Setting>>Attribute group>>Create.
Fill the code and label.
Then click to save. Then the option will be added Attribute click to attribute then select the attributes to assign them in that attribute group.
After adding the attributes. Click to save button.
Before creating configurable Products you need to add variant in the family.
You need to create a family Setting>>Families>>Create Family.
Here fill the code and click the save button.
Here you have to fill some details like attribute used as the label, attribute used as the main picture, Label translation. You will get other options.
Then add an attribute in the family.
You will be having two options.
- Add Attribute.
- Add By Group.
Create a Family Variant:
You can add a family variant for variant products in Akeneo. The family variant will allow you to determine the structure of your products with variants.
You can add 6 types of the attribute type in a family Variant that are:
- Simple select.
- Multi-select reference data
- Simple select reference data
After clicking on the add variant icon the following properties are required to create a family variant.
- Code – You can add a code to identify the family variant.
- Label – You can add a product label.
- Variant levels – You can choose a variant level. You can choose either 1 level or 2 levels.
- Variant axis level – Variant axis are attributes of the family which identify the variant product in the product model.
After fill, the details click on the Save button.
Variant Attribute is added then after that click on the save button, you can see your variant product like this.
How To Create Variant Product
For creating the product model click on the Product>>Create. Then select the Product Model.
After selecting the product model you have to enter the details like code, family, and variant.
Click to the Save Button.
Fill the Common details like name, price, quantity, and weight.
For creating the variant product you have to click on the down array symbol size and click on the add new icon.
Here you have to enter the variant axis like if your variant is size then the variant axis should be small, medium, large and extra-large. Then click to Save.
After this variant will be added.
Now assign the product into a category. Click on the categories then select a category.
After adding the category click on the Save button
Then the variant product will be created.
How to Export Variant Product
Create Export Profile
To Export any product from Akeneo to Magento2 you need to create an export profile.
Now to create an export profile click to the Export>>Create Export Profile.
Then fill the code, label, and job.
After creating the profile then select credentials.
Filter the data
You can filter the data as per-
- Channel – This selects the relevant channel of products to export.
- Locales – Depending as per your choice multiple locals can be selected.
- Attributes – select the product attributes which you want to export. You can either select all attributes else click the edit button to select the attributes.
Filter the Product:
Now you need to decide which products to export on Connector.
Family-In this you can filter the selected family for exporting the product.
Status-You can filter the enable, disable or all the product.
This enables you to filter on completeness of selected locales. Four options on completeness are proposed:
- No condition on completeness – all products will be exported whatever their completeness is.
- Complete on at least one selected locale (default option) – products must be complete on at least one locale
- Complete on all selected locales – products must be complete on all locales (if you have selected more than one locale).
- Not complete on all selected locales – products must not be completed on all locales (if you have selected more than one locale).
Time Condition-You can now export your product on a specific time condition.
- No date condition (default option) – Products are not filtered using time conditions.
- Updated products over the last n days (e.g. 6) – This filter the products that were updated during the last six days, enter 6 value.
- Updated products since this date – To filter the products that were updated during a specific date, select a date.
- Updated product since last export –The products that were updated during the last update will be filtered.
Category-You can configure the categories of the channel tree you want to export. For example, you want to export the clothing products to update.
Identifier-You can make a selection of identifiers to export by adding them in the SKU field. You can copy and paste a list of identifiers, separated them by using comma, space or line breaks.
After filling the above all the details. You have to export the product in the Magento2 but before you must need to export the attributes, attribute option and categories.
After creating the export profile.
Click on the Export Now so the product will be exported to Magento2 from Akeneo.
This is how the product will be exported from Akeneo to Magento2 now you can see the product in the Magento2 admin panel and store.
Product Exported To Magento2
You can see the exported product in the Magento2 Admin panel and store.
Now you can see the Product Exported to Magento backend or Admin panel in the below image. You can see the variant product as well as the child product.
After this, you can see the exported product on the Magento2 store.
If you have any query please create a support ticket at- https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket. If you are a retailer, facing issues in handling a large number of products, drop us a line in the comments below.