The WordPress WooCommerce Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin converts your e-commerce store into a fully functional marketplace having multiple sellers with separate seller profile and gives sellers the functionality of adding the products from the seller panel.
Using this plugin the seller can view and edit his profile information. He can view his product list and search, edit or delete products from it. The seller can view a record of his transactions and sales charts in his dashboard. He can view his order history for all the orders, change his password and even ask questions to the admin.
The admin can also manage the product list, seller list, commissions, and settings. Admin can edit or delete products, approve, disapprove or assign sellers to products, set separate commission rates for different sellers and can change settings like product auto-publish and seller auto-approval permissions.
- Multiple sellers can register and upload their products.
- Separate Seller Profile.
- Sellers can Manage Shipping from their Own Account panel.
- Product by Feature on the product page is Introduced.
- Sellers can edit their profile information.
- Seller’s products can be edited or deleted by the seller as well as admin.
- Sellers can add 4 types of products – Simple, Grouped, External/Affiliate Product and Variable.
- Sellers can connect their social network accounts to the marketplace which will be visible on their store page.
- Sellers can view all their orders with billing and shipping address of the customers.
- Sellers can change their password.
- Sellers can ask questions about the product to the admin.
- Sellers can generate invoice of orders.
- Admin can approve or disapprove sellers or seller’s products.
- Admin can assign a product to any seller.
- SEO friendly URL structure has been incorporated in the Marketplace.
- Users can directly register by logging in with their facebook account while reviewing a seller.
- Admin can set the default commission and minimum amount every seller has to pay to the admin.
- Admin can set the commission percentage for different sellers.
- Admin can generate invoice of the orders.
- A buyer can add any seller of the marketpace as a favorite seller.
Installation and Configuration
The user will get a zip file after purchase. This zip file has two folders named “WooCommerce version 2.x.x compatible” and “WooCommerce version 3.x.x compatible” for different versions of WooCommerce. Choose a zip file as per your WooCommerce version to upload in the “Add New” menu option in the WordPress Admin Panel. For this login to WordPress Admin Panel and Under the Dashboard hover your mouse over the “Plugins” menu option which brings out a Sub-Menu and then select the “Add New” option.
Click on upload plugin and choose the plugin from the folder in the system the zip is located in. Then click on open and install now to install the plugin.
The user can also manually extract the zip file to his server’s location like in this case C:\Xamp\htdocs\dashboard\wordpress\wp-content\plugins\wp-woocommerce marketplace and go to the WordPress site and activate it.
After activating it, marketplace tab will appear in the admin panel like in the screenshot below.
In the appearance menu, go to widgets option. Add widgets marketplace seller list and marketplace seller panel in the widget area by selecting the position of the widget and clicking on add widget option or by dragging them to their required position.
For the registration, the seller will click the Seller Login menu item after which the seller will be able to see the Login Here or Register option on the page. Clicking the login Here button will take the seller to the login page and clicking the Register button will take him to the registration page.
After clicking the Register option, the seller will be redirected to another page where there is a combined option of the registration for a buyer and a seller as shown below in the snapshot.
After clicking the “I am a Seller” button more fields will appear for the seller registration. Seller will input his email address, the password for the account, first name, last name, shop name, shop URL and the telephone number and click the Register button to register as a seller. Here there is an ajax check for the seller shop URL i.e when you enter a shop URL if it is available then it will show as “Available” otherwise it will show as “Already Exists“.
After registration, the seller will be logged in and can access their account menu after the seller has been approved by the admin. The admin can change the settings for auto approval for the sellers from the settings tab in the marketplace. The seller will also be able to check the other seller’s profile page by clicking the seller name under the “Seller List“.
The user will also get a seller list menu which will display a list of all the sellers available in the store.
By clicking on the seller’s name the users can view the profile page of the sellers and can see their profile picture, collection, about page, profile information and his recently added products.The customer can also write a review along with ratings for the particular seller.
Seller Panel Management
After the admin has added the tab and seller have been approved the seller can complete his seller profile which will be visible on his store page and will cover his basic information and social network links.
- Separate seller profile:
The seller can now manage their profile on his own and can do certain tasks like uploading a profile picture or changing the name, address, email, shop logo or any other information in his panel.
He can also edit his social network accounts for facebook, twitter, google, LinkedIn and youtube which can be accessed by the customer on his profile page and would be beneficial in connecting his social networks to the marketplace.
- Easy product management:
The seller can add these 4 types of products from his seller panel –
- External / Affiliate product.
- Variable Product.
To add a product, the seller will click the “Add Product” menu item to open the add product page. Here the seller will enter the information about the product like – Product Name, About Product, Regular price, Sale Price and Product Short Description as shown in the below snapshot.
Now under the Inventory tab, the seller will select the option “Enable Stock Management At Product level“, enter the Stock Quantity, Select the Stock status as In Stock or Out Of Stock and select the “Allow Backorders” to “Allow“, “Not Allow” or “Allow But Notify Customer” as shown below.
Under the linked products the seller can search a product group to add this product to it as shown below in the screenshot.
Lastly, the seller will set the Product Status. Here the seller can set the product status as “Online” or “draft”. If the status is selected as online then the product will get published if the permission has been given by admin for the seller to publish his product. The seller can also upload the image gallery for the product here and can make the product as downloadable by first checking the Downloadable checkbox and then entering the values for the File Name, File URL, Limit and Expiry for the downloadable product as shown below in the snapshot.
- Product list:
The seller can view all his products in the products list and can search, edit or delete any product. If he chooses to edit the product he can modify the basic characteristics of the product as well as the inventory and product status options which appear after creating a product. Seller will be able to see only those products which are published by admin if product auto-publish is not given by admin.
- Order history: Now the sellers of the Marketplace will be able to see their order history for the marketplace orders. Here the seller can see the Order total, Shipping & Payment method used by the customers, and lastly, the customer billing and Shipping address are visible to the sellers.
- Manage Shipping: Now the sellers of the Marketplace will be able to manage their shipping from their own account panel. Sellers can easily set up the new shipping zones and can add the shipping methods for these zones.
After clicking the option “Add New Shipping Zone“, another page will appear where the seller can enter the Zone Name, Zone Region(add any number of Regions), and Pin Codes(add any number of Pin Codes). Now click the “Add Shipping Zone” button in the last to save this shipping zone.
After saving the shipping zone above, go back to the account menu option “Manage Shipping” and click the edit button for the shipping zone you want to add the shipping methods as shown below in the snapshot.
After clicking the edit button you will see the below page with an option in the last to add the Shipping method, click the “Add Shipping Method” to add the shipping methods.
After clicking the “Add Shipping Method” button in the image above, a popup window will appear to select the shipping methods. Select the shipping method from the drop-down option and click the button “Add Shipping Method” to add this shipping method to your shipping zone.
After clicking the add shipping method button, you will be redirected back to the shipping zone page. Here you will click the update button to add these shipping methods to the shipping zone.
- Dashboard: The dashboard shows the seller his last transactions category-wise in a tabular form. The seller can see the sales by today order count, top products, last 7-day sales amount, sales order summary, recent orders, top billing countries and top customers. It is very useful in keeping track of his revenue and all other stats. The stats are represented beautifully by meters, pie charts, donut charts, bar graphs, and maps.
- Change password: By the use of this feature the seller can change his password whenever he wants. In this window, the seller has to enter his current password and new password. His password will be then changed instantly.
- Ask to admin: The seller can also inquire about anything from admin by asking to admin option. In this section, he can mention his subject and his query and click on ask button. He can also reset the query he typed and type again with the reset button. After the seller asks the question, the admin will get a mail about the query.
Admin Panel Management
In the admin panel after installing the plugin an additional tab for the marketplace is added which converts an ordinary Woocommerce store into an online marketplace where admin can manage products, sellers, commission, and settings like product auto-publish or seller auto-approval. The admin can create all kinds of products including simple, virtual, downloadable, grouped, external/affiliate and variable products and can also publish them. The admin can also assign different sellers to the products.
The marketplace tab in the admin panel comprises of the following section:
- Product list: In the product list the admin can view his as well as seller’s products and can edit or delete products. The admin has control over the seller’s products and can view or change any specification of the product. He can choose to publish or draft the product. The product would not be visible if the admin has denied product auto-approval permissions to the seller and has kept the product in the draft.
The admin can also assign any product to a particular seller from the left column in the product pane by searching the name of the seller from the list and assigning it to the seller. The admin can assign his product or product of one seller to another seller. If the admin assigns the product of one seller to another then the product will not be visible in the former seller’s product list but would show in the latter seller’s product list.
- Seller list: In the seller list the admin can check the full bio of the seller and can edit his profile in the user tab in WooCommerce admin panel with several options which include personal options, name, contact info, about page, account management, billing and shipping address. Here the admin can also approve or disapprove the seller.
- Commission: The admin can also decide the per seller commission for different sellers from the commission window. He can set any value of commission for different sellers which they will have to pay to admin in percent with the sale of each product. Here the admin can also see the commission and sales details of the seller here.
- Settings: In the settings menu the admin has control over some important marketplace features. He can set up his Facebook app ID and app secret credentials for setting up Facebook login button for seller review option. The admin can set minimum commission and amount to pay to sellers. The admin can edit seller’s menu and login page title. Lastly, admin can check if seller’s auto-approval and seller’s product auto-approval is required. If the option to allow sellers to publish is not given, the seller cannot publish his product online without admin’s consent and admin will publish every product. Similarly, if the auto-approve seller option is denied the sellers cannot see their profile or add any products.
Facebook Login Feature
The Marketplace has the feature to directly connect the Facebook account of the user with or without registration at the time of giving reviews for a particular seller. The admin has to first get the Facebook app ID and secret key from https://developers.facebook.com/apps and then has to follow the process below:
- Fill your Facebook account login details.
- Click on add new app option.
- Choose Facebook WWW.
- Choose a new or existing name for your app.
- Click on skip quick start and you will get the Facebook app ID and app secret key.
- Copy and enter those credentials into your setting menu in admin panel respectively and save.
- When any new user clicks on the seller’s name in the seller list, he will find the review option in his profile page. He can click on the facebook login option.
- After that, he will be redirected to the facebook login page and will enter his facebook account details.
- The user will automatically be logged in as a customer and can give a review of the seller.